Whats your reason to be demotivated?
“People often say motivation doesn’t last. Well neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily” — Zig Ziglar
From past week I was feeling de-motivated and I was not feeling my best self. This happens to many of us every now and then. But we need to take charge of ourself to bring out the best we have to offer. We need to stay motivated to see positive changes in ourselves and in what we do.
Motivation is important for our growth and emotional well being. Because if you are stuck in the analysis paralysis mode then you are bound to feel demotivated.
Many a times we don’t even know why are we not able to bring out the best in us. Sometimes our limiting beliefs plays a very important role in delaying us or making us procrastinate things which can bring us one step ahead from achieving our goals.
We hide behind fear, self doubt, lack of self confidence, lack of clarity and give the name of demotivation. Until we recognise the real reason behind our lack of motivation, we are most of the time going to feel demotivated or procrastinate.
So how to get yourself motivated even if you don’t feel like it-
- Plan a schedule or build a ritual — Research shows that successful people build rituals to inspire and motivate themselves.
- Stop thinking, just start — Overthinking will take your sight from the goal you want to achieve, stop thinking too much and just dive into starting the task. The most important part of any task is starting.
- Think about the end result or goal — I always think about the goal I want to achieve which will help me get motivated to give my best. Think about the satisfaction it will give you once you get the outcome.
- Challenge yourself — I like to challenge myself whenever I get demotivated. Challenging yourself means competing with yourself, it sends signals to your brain that you cannot cheat and think about the benefits you get out of it.
- Have an accountability partner — If it’s difficult for you to stay motivated tell a friend or family member to help you out. This really helps you in pushing yourself by reporting your daily achievements to someone who you are accountable to.
- Celebrate by rewarding yourself — Finally once you get motivated by accomplishing your set goal, reward yourself some me time. Do what you feel like binge watching a show on Netflix, or baking your favourite cookie or by just taking a day off.
Make a plan and take action, set realistic bite sized goals, visualise yourself doing what you want to accomplish and set out a target and deadline so you can manage your time efficiently.
“It’s easy to be motivated when everything is going well, the goal is to stay disciplined when things get tough”.
Connect with me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/CSwbLo_pcYM/
Checkout my Website https://www.namitasayani.com/